Assassin Creed: Rising
Logging in makes life a lot easier!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Logging in makes life a lot easier!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright

3 posters

Go down

Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright  Empty Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright

Post  Thiago Lopes Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 am

So check it out.

I just wish he'd stop whining and let us have our fun.
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright  Empty Re: Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright

Post  Masumi Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 am

I take a moment to acknowledge my bias, my thorough enjoyment of the Assassin's Creed series makes me more sympathetic to Ubisoft than to the author of Link. That being said, I find the similarities to be over all to most likely coincidence as each utilizing widespread literary elements. I hope this doesn't cause too much trouble for the Ubisoft team.
Masumi
Masumi
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright  Empty Re: Sci-Fi Author Aims To Block Assassin’s Creed 3 Release, Claims It Infringes On His Copyright

Post  Mentor Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 am

He claiming they took the idea using 'garden of eden', the mention of assassins and a fight between good an evil. Just a load of bull if you ask me.
Mentor
Mentor
Founder

https://acrising.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Honestly, I think he saw dollar signs -sorry, mon signs- where there were none. His book didn't sell as well as he'd hoped, and this has some superficial similarities.
Besides, if I had thought up the idea to write a story about "time traveling" through genetic memory, I'd be stupid not to explore religious themes.
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum