Assassin Creed: Rising
Logging in makes life a lot easier!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Logging in makes life a lot easier!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for Muramasa

5 posters

Go down

The Search for Muramasa Empty The Search for Muramasa

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 am

Yuzuru shouldered his pack and took up a map. He had drawn out their course the night before as a general idea to prevent them from getting lost. From Nagasaki to Echigo, from Echigo to Nagoya. He considered stopping in Mutsu, but that was to the north, and Nagoya was to the south. Some other time.

He exited the hideout and looked around. There were still scars outside from when they were attacked. He wondered if it was really ok for him and Mei to leave. Thiago was gone with Masumi, and the Mentor was hardly ever around. A chill curled down his spine, perhaps in premonition of things to come, but he had a mission as well. Find Muramasa and have him forge a blade like no other.

"Just waiting on Mei."

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

The Search for Muramasa Empty Re: The Search for Muramasa

Post  Thiago Lopes Tue May 22, 2012 12:04 pm

"Senhor Kasai, I just wanted to tell you before you leave that I had a chat with Khalid, and he saw Muramasa in Kyoto. You would do well to remember that."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 pm

"Kyoto?" he said, pulling out his map again. "That's not too far from Ise. I will be sure to check there if my search yields no results in Ise. Thank you, Thiago."

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire Wed May 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Mei was giving last minute instructions to her acting second-in-command, and probably rightful successor to Abagha but she wasn't going to sweat that. He was a capable leader and fighter, probably the best Mongol to guide her hand in affairs. He smiled as he helped her hitch up her rucksack, then hugged her. "Be safe Khutulun," he said to her.

"You as well," she replied. "Though you've got the easier mission." They smiled together, then she turned to head out of the hideout, meeting Yuzuru and Thiago. "Well, I'm ready to go," she commented. She was travelling light, one sword, her bow and quiver of arrows, and some light clothing, besides the camping gear she had in her pack. "Old Chinese proverb: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I think those old fogeys were full of shit, but its kind of apt isn't it?"
FlameDarkfire
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Wed May 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Yuzuru smirked, amused by the roughness of the Mongol. "It is rather appropriate, however our first step is onto a boat." He then turned to Thiago and said, "Thank you for your guidance, and take care of yourself."

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu May 24, 2012 3:27 am

"Não problema. I have one last thing for you before you go," he handed Yuzuru another ryo, "You will need it. Tchau {Bye}!"
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 am

Bowing to Thiago, Yuzuru absently fingered the beads of his new rosary. "Shall we go, Mei?"

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am

"Well boats are fun too, though I much prefer horseback." Mei commented with a smirk. She had on her riding gear, but it really wasn't much worse for sea travel. Mongols designed their clothes to be comfortable whether in the saddle or on foot.

"I thought you'd never ask," she commented when Yuzuru asked if they were ready to go. "Be safe Old Man, and hold down the fort okay?"
FlameDarkfire
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 am

Yuzuru led the way to the ship. It was a cargo ship, giving some camouflage to their trip. It would not do for them to advertise too much. The captain was a rough looking man that was chiseled by the sea.

"So, you're the samurai I'm takin' with me. A little softer lookin' than I imagined," he said, spitting to his left. "You're not going to just ride along. You'd better be able to do some work."

Taken aback, Yuzuru crossed his arms and gave the man a glare. "I can work just as hard, if not harder, than any of your crew."

"Time will tell. That goes for you too, girl."

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Mei had only been on a ship once before in her life. Being a farmgirl didn't lend itself well to adventure, and the Mongols never ventured very far east until Thiago requested they join him. It wasn't really something she cared for, but if they were remaining close to the islands then it probably wouldn't be so bad.

When they arrived she was already sizing up the situation. All the sailors were strong, tanned men. They'd probably underestimate this young woman, who had a hidden blade up her sleeve and more weapons than three of them in her bag. Still, no need to be suspicious, even though she had plenty cause with recent events.

"Don't judge me by my size, I can pull my own weight," she replied with a smile.
FlameDarkfire
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 pm

The captain gave Mei a skeptical smirk and said, "Help load us up and we'll be on our way."

It took some effort for Yuzuru to remind himself that this man was a friend of the assassins, but had a reputation for being condescending. "How long will it take for us to get to Echigo?" he asked as he took a load out of the hands of another sailor.

"Depends. We've been havin' to deal with pirates a lot lately. If we make it to Echigo with our haul, it'll probably have been a week."

Yuzuru laughed. "I would not worry about pirates with us on board, right Mei?"

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 pm

"Of course," she replied, moving to help a sailor lift a bale. She might not have been a strong as the men who had been plowing the sea for years, but she was nimble and quick, and helped load much of the light cargo onto the ship.

"Pirates? I'd say they've got about as much chance as a fat man in a foot race." she replied with a sly grin.
FlameDarkfire
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:27 am

The captain was true on his word. As soon as the rest of the cargo was loaded, the ship set sail. Though the captain had been rough, he had at least given his passengers use of his cabin. Stating that there was to be no funny business in his quarters.

Yuzuru held the gift from Lord Date in his hands, moving the metal to get a view of the entire thing. It was a curious metal. "They call it star metal," he said to Mei. "Some claim it comes from the heavens. What is your opinion on this?"

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Mei was the master of no funny business. Tents did nothing to muffle sounds of... Funny business. And when everyone is camped around one fire the next day the couple was greeted with sarcastic applause. Much hilarity was had. Other fun things to do was grade their technique, sometimes right in the middle of the action.

She took a good look at the metal, smiling at Yuzuru. "Yes I do actually. Abagha actually told me a story once. He was at one time a member of the Khan's horde, and was given the honor of dining with the Khan one night. As they sat, watching the stars, one of them fell to earth, not too far from their encampment. They went to retrieve it, and after it cooled down, they took it. Actually forged it into a sword that the Khan used. So yeah, I suppose I do think it's possible."
FlameDarkfire
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:34 am

"Even Khan had a sword from the heavens," Yuzuru said quietly. He wondered if the metal was a gift from God, sent to those that were able to make change happen. However, something else soon pushed these thoughts out of his head. "How do you think the others are doing back in Nagasaki?"

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  The Templars Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:40 pm

A distant ship on the horizon. It was Assassin allied for sure. The captain gave the signal for his archers to fire. Arrows aflame and pirates armed. Their orders were clear: take the ship with no survivors.
The Templars
The Templars
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Wolf Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 pm

It had been a week since he washed up on the shore of this strange land. Strong Wolf, no, Storm Wolf, that was the name he had given himself after being swept out to sea. The natives of this land were an odd sort, speaking in a strange tongue. The only word he recognized was Shinano. He did not know what it meant, but he assumed it had something to do with the area he was in. Lucky for him, the forests were much like his home, and hunting was not much different no matter where you went. With his dagger in hand, he silently moved through the forest, looking for his next meal.
Storm Wolf
Storm Wolf
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Curses were shouted from the deck. "Such crass words," Yuzuru muttered, pulling himself to his feet. As he walked onto the deck, a flaming arrow sunk itself into the deck next to his feet. Startled, he took a step back, frantically looking around for the enemy. The ship was to the east, and it was clearly Templar manned. "Lord, give me the strength to eliminate my enemies."

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Wolf Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Storm Wolf took in all the Animals he's seen the fruit or berry's he can eat and started making and setting traps, Storm wolf set two traps for good measure. Two hours passed so he went to check the traps and he found a rabbit in one and nothing in the other. Storm wolf then proceeded to kill the rabbit ,gut, skin, then finally he cooked it. After eating his Catch he meditated by the fire, seeking his Spirit guide to help him figure out what way he should possibly travel. About an hour passed he saw a wolf in the distance and it headed north. Storm wolf decided thats the sign he was looking for, he then proceeded to grab his dagger, put out his fire, and the rabbit fur he aquired, then began to travel north.
Storm Wolf
Storm Wolf
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:35 pm

several curses were coming from Mei as she had been rudely awakened by the Templars attacking their ship. Bitch ass motherfuckers were going to die. Cannons were booming and bows were twanging as she stormed up on deck, getting some funny looks since her bow was much shorter than the yumi the japanese had. Up on the ship deck, with the waves crashing and the ship heaving, she actually felt like she was back at home, feeling the rhythm of the ship, like a horse at full gallop. She nocked and drew an arrow back, aiming carefully before letting fly.

The catcalls about her stopped as a templar slumped to the deck of the other ship, arrow in his eye. She grinned at the silence around her, taking another arrow out and dropping it a little low, but the guy caught it in the knee. Probably would end his sailing career. "Come on boys! Don't let a girl show you up! Plenty of kills for everyone!"
FlameDarkfire
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:39 am

Yuzuru found the captain as quick as he could. "I do not think I have to say that we will not make it out of here alive if that ship persists."

The captain grimaced as another arrow slammed into his deck. "Aye, we won't, but I've got somethin' that'll soil their pants." Reaching into a box hidden by a table, he pulled out a paper ball with a string attached to it. "I'm not one for made in China goods, but those bastards sure know how to make a decent show."

Yuzuru was handed a hollow tube and was told to point it at the Templar vessel. "I fail to understand what this is. How is paper a weapon?"

The captain lit the ball and dropped it into the tube. "Just watch and learn, yah dumb samurai."

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Wolf Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Storm Wolf Journeyed hard. He continues to hold his head up high with a smile amongst his face. he learns that this unknown Land he is on is a very simple one indeed. He takes mental notes on all the creatures this land has to provide. Storm Wolf continues to hunt, he continues to gather, and Storm wolf Thrives on it.Storm wolf however is nervous someone will come upon him in his sleep and take his things. So Storm Wolf Decides on hanging his belongings out of sight in the trees. he sets a fire for the night after a long hard journey. Cooks his Deer and his berries and sleeps and waits for the day of tommorow.
Storm Wolf
Storm Wolf
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down