Assassin Creed: Rising
Logging in makes life a lot easier!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Logging in makes life a lot easier!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beggar's Corner

2 posters

Go down

The Beggar's Corner Empty The Beggar's Corner

Post  Masumi Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 am

Last night had been a good night for Masumi. She ate so much ramen she thought she would burst, and picked out a fine new needle to admire before setting up "shop." She had enough herbs for the salve, turning the ache of the bruising into a tingling on her skin.

Compared to her counter parts in the Crusade's war zone, this young woman employed a less aggressive strategy. Finding a niche with good foot traffic, where she also could avoid being ran over, she sat on her rolled out blanket, and kept her broom within reach. Addressing each passer-by in a polite tone, "Spare some coins?" "I only need enough for my next meal." "It's been said that charity will grant you good karma for your next life time." And so on, calling out in a steady and well practiced voice.

When coins did find their way into her cup, she offered a small smile, a bow, and her humble thanks. To those who stayed, she would offer a sympathetic ear, a story from one of the many tales she had heard during her travels, advice on remedies, or bits of gossip. When foreigners offered her money, she did her best to imitate their foreign words, "Dan-ku-alu" (trying to say Dankuwel, Dutch for "thank-you"). She was quick to identify regulars, always offering them a bundle of wild flowers, a small handful of herbs or any other small token she could muster. Her keen ears could catch many things, sitting in the corner with so many people.

(A/N: More info on the beggars corner in the OOC thread.)

Last edited by Masumi on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Author's Note)
Masumi
Masumi
Initiate

Back to top Go down

The Beggar's Corner Empty Re: The Beggar's Corner

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 am

"Ah, there you are. I've been looking for you. I have a proposition for you."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masumi Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:04 am

Thiago Lopes wrote:"Ah, there you are. I've been looking for you. I have a proposition for you."

"Ah, Tono, how do you do? It makes me glad to see you in good health. What brings you to my humble corner?"

Last edited by Masumi on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masumi
Masumi
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:57 am

"Mas {Well}, I intend to give you work and a home. Someone as talented as you shouldn't be living on the streets," Thiago took off his hood, revealing a bald head, almost polished to a shine. He smiled as he extended a hand to raise Masumi from her knees

(such subtle symbolism)
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masumi Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Masumi’s brown eyes fixated on his hand. He was offering her the chance of a life time. Steady food, a roof over her head, the time when she last had these seemed almost another life time. Furthermore, she held the foreigner in relatively high regard, as he had thus far demonstrated a remarkable amount of both generosity and tact. She wanted to take the hand…

…but she wouldn’t allow herself to, not yet. She had once sacrificed the stability and safety offered to her to gain her freedom from her last employer, someone who abused their power.

Instead, the woman touched her cheek, commenting, “My, my, Tono, you really are too kind. I do not see myself as particularly talented. What is the nature of your work, Tono?
Masumi
Masumi
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm

"Oh, I do not think you should be joining my line of work. At least not yet. You would need to be evaluated first. However, I can see you have a good heart. We just need someone to take care of our home and our wounded for now."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masumi Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Evaluated? It all sounded very cryptic. But what he was asking the young woman to do, house keeping and caring for the wounded, this was all familiar territory to her.

Inwardly smiling, she took his hand, cautiously optimistic of a brighter future.
Masumi
Masumi
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:20 am

"Que bom {Very good}, let us get you cleaned up first Senhorita. We have a hot spring in the back, you maybe should try that. It's quite lovely and the monkeys are very nice."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

The Beggar's Corner Empty "Epilogue"

Post  Masumi Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Time skip

This is a nice hot spring...
Masumi
Masumi
Initiate

Back to top Go down