Assassin Creed: Rising
Logging in makes life a lot easier!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Logging in makes life a lot easier!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakfast and a Chase

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breakfast and a Chase - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast and a Chase

Post  Thiago Lopes Tue May 15, 2012 6:18 pm

"What were you thinking? I am going to have to pay for that man's broken goods! Here, return the wallet now. Once again, do not be caught."

Thiago fully expected the boy to fail this task. Taking was hard enough, but giving would be impossible. This was a test to see how well he could play it off, since a shopping man would likely have checked his wallet before coming to a stall. Still, he needed to aid the potter. "Konnichiwa senhor, I could not help but to notice that your work was broken. Here, allow me to compensate you for your loss."

"Nao, I had nothing to do with it breaking."

"Nao, I do not know what broke them."

"Just take the money."

That Jotaro will likely be paying for this in the long run, but not just yet. Still, Thiago needed to keep his cool and determine a position for such a young boy. He obviously wasn't a gentle soul like Masumi, but Thiago still couldn't have him killing for the cause just yet.
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Wed May 16, 2012 1:38 am

Lopes' disappointment annoyed Jotaro, and he offered the man a glare as he stalked off. He had asked him to rob somebody; he hadn't mentioned any other rules or restrictions! How was Jotaro supposed to know he couldn't break stuff as a distraction?

As he neared the man he had just robbed, the boy ceased his grumblings, turning his mind to the task at hand. Replacing a wallet, huh? That was going to be tricky. There was no way he was just going to be able to stick the purse back inside the man's clothes without being noticed. He needed to find another way.

While Lopes dealt with the potter, Jotaro decided on his next course of action. Wandering off a ways, he suddenly turned back, running down the street and barreling into the man. As he collided with the mark, Jotaro allowed the wallet to fall to the ground, shouting out to cover the clinking coins, "Sorry ossan!"

As the man picked himself back up, cursing the boy, Jotaro was already moving again running towards the next intersection. He'd wait a few minutes before looping back to meet up with Lopes, his companion, and the weird samurai.
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 am

"Muito melhor {much better). How good are you at climbing buildings?"

Last edited by Thiago Lopes on Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rogelio Martinho Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 am

Rogelio wasn't one much for bowing, but he gave a quick bow back to Yuzuru.

"Yuzuru! So good to see you again," he replied happily, giving the samurai a bear hug. Yeah, he was not one for Japanese politeness.

"Uncle Date sends his regards," he continued, letting Yuzuru go. "What have you been up to you old Ronin?"

Rogelio Martinho
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Yuzuru Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 am

Yuzuru pushed himself away from Rogelio and straightened out his clothes. "For the last time, I am no ronin. My family has great standing with Lord Date." He did not like this man, nor his lack of manners. However, his upbringing had taught him better. Courtesy was a must. "Is there anything I can do for you to make your adjustment to Nagasaki easier?"

Kasai Yuzuru
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Thu May 17, 2012 2:35 am

"Buildings?" Jotaro asked. "Why would I ever need to climb those? I've never tried, anyway."
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu May 17, 2012 9:27 am

"It is faster than walking around them. Here, let us see how fast you are. Bring me a cooked fish. Buy yourself one as well. You look hungry," he handed the boy 10 mon, "Be quick."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Jotaro stared mutely at the coins Lopes poured into his hands. 10 mon, just like that? He could just walk away now, and assuming he was careful, eat well for the rest of the week!

Still... despite himself, part of Jotaro wanted to rise to Lopes' challenge. He wanted a cooked fish? Fine, he'd get one in record time.

Tightening his grip on the coins, Jotaro sprinted off, already consulting his mental map of the city. The nearest fish stall was about five minutes away, assuming the crowds weren't abnormal. I can make it in two.

Without slowing down, Jotaro slipped into a nearby alleyway, avoiding a large cluster of people clogging the street. Leaping over a few crates and piles of refuse, the boy navigated the tiny space at near his top speed, popping out of the other end within a few seconds. Closer to his destination, Jotaro continued his run, dodging through crowds or taking shortcuts when appropriate.

Such a route got him to the fish stand in just over two minutes; handing over the coins, Jotaro received two freshly cooked specimens, spitted on twin wooden spikes. Stuffing one of the treats into his mouth, the youth began making his way back to his starting point, ducking around a broken cart and a rowdy mob along the way. Three minutes later, he was back in front of Lopes, smirking, out of breath, and holding out half a fish. "Here you go ossan."
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm

"Bembem {Goodgood}. Sit down; you look tired. Tell me about yourself. How did someone s young as yourself become a vagabundo {vagabond}?"
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Sun May 20, 2012 2:34 pm

As Lopes' questioning took a personal turn, Jotaro pointedly looked away from the older man. He spoke with an air of utter indifference, as though this was the sort of thing he talked about everyday.

"My parents died a few years back, really didn't leave me a whole lot. No relatives or anyone to take me in, so I just ended up on the streets. Blah blah blah, shit happened, that's life. Not a whole lot to say about it."
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Sun May 20, 2012 2:38 pm

"That it does. My parents died when I was young too. They were rebels. Thankfully, I was already a soldier by th- say, have you ever heard of the Assassins?"
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Sun May 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Jotaro had, of course, heard rumors about a mysterious organization, fighting against tyranny and injustice in Nagasaki. He never saw any reason to believe any of them, but considering this group's odd behavior... who knew, maybe there was some truth to those fantastical stories.

Still, there was no harm in pretending to be uninformed. Might get a nice exposition or something.

"Nope, never heard of them."
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Mon May 21, 2012 3:09 am

Thiago smirked. He knew there was no way anyone could go more than a week without hearing the name of the organization that owned a full third of the city. Regardless, the kid seemed curious.

"We are an ancient Order fighting for the freedom of humanity. We helped to found this city as a hub of trade for cultures around the world. We are not without our enemies, though. We need soldiers, and that is the life that we offer you."

Thiago tried not to seem desperate, but times were tough for the Assassins. They were in no position to be picky or patient.
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 am

Freedom of humanity. Riiiiiiight.

Despite his raging disbelief, Jotaro resisted the urge to express his impression, albeit barely. He didn't believe Lopes' idealistic words for a moment; there was no way anybody would bother fighting for other people's rights. Odds were that the Assassins were just as selfish and corrupt as their so called enemies.

Then again, he had been offered a meal and a bed... and he could always run away later. What was the harm in checking things out?

"...Alright, let's say I'm interested. What happens then?"
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Mon May 21, 2012 7:30 am

"FacĂ­l {Simple}. We will train you. Make a warrior out of the boy. You will have a home, food, and anything else you may need. All we ask is that you fight for our cause."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Mon May 21, 2012 7:54 am

Jotaro cracked a smile as he replied. "Sure, why not? I swear to fight against evil-doers, bad guys, whatever you say."

The promise of food and a bed was enough to prompt him to agree. And besides, who knew what was going to happen? He might even end up liking the group. The odds were against it, of course, but it might be fun.
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Mon May 21, 2012 8:11 am

"Muito bom. We will get your living quarters chosen. You will spend your first week getting to know people. After that point, you will be trained."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Mon May 21, 2012 8:51 am

Shrugging, Jotaro fell in behind Lopes. "Alright ossan, lead the way."
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Thu May 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Thiago opened the door to the barracks. The smell of old sweat used to stain this place before Masumi came along. For that Thiago was extremely grateful. It still bore something of a musty scent, but that much was inevitable. The old man crossed his arms as he scanned the area for someone, "Let us find someone who will train you," he said tot he boy.
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:52 pm

It would be pointless to deny that Jotaro was nervous; the look on his face made his feelings quite clear. Though this old man made the Assassins out to be some pure, just order of freedom-fighters and noble warriors, there was no telling what really went on behind these strangely plain-looking walls.

Seriously, you'd an organization that apparently helped to found Nagasaki would try to appear a little more opulent.

"Training for what?"

Might as well figure out what I've gotten myself into.
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Rogelio Martinho Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 pm

After all the excitement Rogelio finally managed to make it to the base with his gear. Not much, two flintlock pistols,a Portuguese musket, three francisca, a dozen rapiers (he went through those a lot), a crossbow, bolts, and a katana. He had lost the wakizashi in a drunken bet.

After he got settled (and the initiates found a place for the half of his arsenal that he brought), he was in the barracks, when he saw Thiago and that boy from earlier. "Did I hear something about needing a trainer? Seeing as how I just blew into town, I'd say I've got a little free time myself."

Rogelio Martinho
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Jotaro Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Jotaro couldn't help but gape at the small arsenal that Rogelio had unloaded; it looked like enough weaponry to outfit a small army.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, the lad offered Rogelio a seemingly disinterested look. "Gonna ask again; training for what exactly?"
Jotaro
Jotaro
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Lopes Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 pm

"We will make you a fighter, just like the rest of us. . . except for Masumi. In fact, ROGELIO! Sanhor Jotaro, I want to introduce you to your new teacher, Rogelio Denjiro Martinho."
Thiago Lopes
Thiago Lopes
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum